Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oak City Days

Oh who can miss "Oak City Days?" Well not us... First we start the day off by getting in line for a pit BBQ lunch and then Cory and his dad play horse shoes every year and were back this year to defend their title as champions but came up short this year with 2nd place, which isn't bad considering there were 21 teams.


The kids have races and games in the park.
and then my favorite the live trout catch...they divide the kids up in age groups and fill this pool thing up with fish and then the kids catch them with their hands and get to keep them.
Pacen got right in with goggles and all and got him a whopper...
Quincy, Reilly and Jaxon all did it too..its so funny to watch them try to grab the slimey fish!!

They end the night with a softball game, married vs singles and the married team won...after that the night is danced away with a live band, "The moonlighters. " It was a very busy fun day!

5 comments:

Kim said...

How fun! I've never been up there for that, but I heard that I missed the run this year. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Ward family said...

Hey its Lanell. It's funny you commented the other day because I was just thinking about the time that we made those yarn dolls and then we had to make blankets, pillows, and whatever else we could think of that they would need! Your family is so cute and I love those cute smiles that your boys have.

oakley said...

Loved everything you did! You are doing great. What great memories...Love Mom Rogers

Danskie said...

You can't beat Oak City days. It is so wild. I love that picture of Pacen looking at that fish with his crooked goggles on haha. I can't believe you even got Cordell out on the dance floor for the cadrill or however you spell it. That was too good.

TaM CaKeS said...

Kater I think I did it right well see HEHE