Sunday, October 30, 2011

Goodbye to an Awesome Grandpa


A couple weeks ago my grandpa Allred seemed to not be doing well so we gathered together at his house to spend some time with him. This is my older brother Von, my dad, my younger brother Neil and my Grandpa.


This is my dads sister Gloria and my dad and mom. We got to share some fun memories and precious moments holding hands with him. He passed away that night and was reunited with his sweetheart wife and son Roger. I was so grateful for being able to see him before he passed and when i left to come back to Cedar I gave him a hug and he told me he would see me again.



He had served in the military and had a beautiful tribute to his life he had lived. Cory was a pall bearer along with my brothers and cousins. We will all miss him. I am very proud to be his grand daughter!




Me and my mom by his casket

4 comments:

Kim said...

sorry Katie. It's so hard to lose grandparents.

oakley said...

I'm so glad you got to see him and get pictures with him!!! He will be missed by many

Carolyn said...

Sorry about your Grandpa, Katie! I still remember sneaking ice cream treats out of their freezer when I'd go stay with you in the summers:). Miss you!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry Katie. HUGS!!