Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pinewood Derby


Yesterday Jaxon had his first pinewood derby in scouts. This car was cut out and shaped by Jax's uncle Von.

Then Jax picked the silver paint and stickers to decorate it. The theme was "When I grow up" so he said he wanted to be a bug scientist? Ok so we put spiders on it!


Jaxon won every heat that he raced in. I was so nervous cause we weren't sure how he would do? Well he loved every minute of it! And so did me and Cory we were just happy it went down without losing a wheel or anything.

Jaxon's car made it to the final four and he took 3rd and was so thrilled with the results.


Jax and his buddies after the races....I think I've got my work cut out with 2 more boys! Thanks Von for your help!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Jaxon. It looks like it was a blast and the car was cool!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jaxie! It looks awesome!

Meladie said...

That's awesome! His car looks great! I love his smile in those pictures...you can tell he loved it. Way 2 go Jax!

Angie said...

that's the coolest lookin pinewood derby car i've ever seen!! Wow, Von did great. I'll be sending out blocks of wood for him to carve once my boys reach scouting age.

The Andersens said...

Jaxon is so cute! I love the pinewood derby. So fun!!